The 2018 Grand Final is almost upon us, and with due respect to Eagles and Magpies fans, this years decider is a little harder than others for the neutral fan to get excited about. So while the fans of the two competing teams are going through three hours or agony watching their teams compete for the game’s ultimate prize, we have devised this drinking game to keep everybody else equally enthralled in the action.
- Opening Bounce = One Drink – Let’s get this party started.
- Anytime they pan to Mason Cox’s parents in the crowd = One Drink.
- Anytime the cost of airfares from Perth are mentioned = One Drink after agreeing with everyone in the room “It’s a bloody outrage”.
- Anytime Tyson Goldsack’s Knee Reconstruction is mentioned = One Drink.
- Anytime the centre bounce is recalled = One Drink and yell “You had one job”.
- Anytime BT or any member of the commentary team uses the phrase ‘foot candy’ = One Drink.
- Anytime Bruce asks a rhetorical question = one drink after telling nobody in particular that “it’d be wrong not to.”
- Anytime they pan to Andrew Gaff looking miserable in the grand stand = one drink.
- Anytime they pan to a smiling Andrew Gaff in the Grand Stand = finish your drink.
- Anytime they mention how underrated Steele Sidebottom is, or his second place finish in the Brownlow = One Drink.
- Whenever there is a score review called = Drink until the review, or your drink, is completed whichever comes first.
- Anytime Willie Rioli’s family and their Grand Final History is mentioned = One Drink after agreeing with everybody in the room that “The Rioli’s are NT Royalty”.
- Whenever they pan to Nic Natanui = One Drink.
- Whenever Josh Kennedy or Jordan De Goey kicks a goal = One Drink.
- Whenever Shannon Hurn or Tyson Goldsack kicks a goal = Finish your drink.
- Whenever Lingy mentions the Telstra Tracker = One Drink after yelling “Who cares Lingy?”.
- When Jeremy Howe takes his obligatory screamer = One Drink.
- Whenever it is mentioned that Nathan Buckley never won a premiership as a player = One Drink.
- Whenever they pan to Eddie McGuire in the crowd = One Drink.
- Whenever they pan to the Eagles President in the crowd = Stop Drinking Immediately! – You’ve had enough and your eyes are playing tricks on you. Channel Seven won’t be panning to the Eagles president in the crowd!
What do you think? Will you take on the challenge of the Pinch Hitters AFL Grand Final Drinking game this Saturday? Let us know in the comments below or like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to join the conversation on line.